We were tasked with trying out Gutenberg. I actually half completed this task a couple of weeks back with a Longreads post but didn’t end up posting about it. So this morning I gave it another try, attempting to recreate this post on coffee.
How did it go?
It was an interesting experience, in total I spent an hour tinkering. I have very limited CSS abilities, and didn’t attempt any tweaking at all, so I was just using the blocks available, and settings I could spot. Excited to stay tuned as Gutenberg develops!
- It would to cool to be able to highlight a couple of photos and transform them into a gallery block (with images preserved, currently doesn’t do this)
- If I highlight a word / few words and change text, my expectation was it would change just the highlighted text — but it changed the text colour for the whole block. I was trying to change the link colour i this instance
- I wasn’t sure how to recreate the quotes as per the original post layout. My workaround was to use two columns, but I was probably missing something.
- I couldn’t figure out how to change the font from within the Gutenberg post editor
- I found the copy and past experience smooth, winning!
Added here, was battling to crunch!
Side by side